happy samhain

Happy samhain to those who celebrate it tonight. Me I don't adhere to one relgion. Wiccan is maybe the closest I have ever felt to a religion but there is always something I don't like. So I create my own. I have a house altar with an image of jesus, a rosary, a small buddha and an idian medicine pouch. I would love to add something pagan and wiccan as well. And I take the thoughts and teachings that speak to me and make them my own. It makes me pretty happy.

Bookwise I have been a very bad, bad girl. I ordered more books yesterday. It is like a drug, I can't stop. And I like too many genres. The recent interviews on realms on our bookshelves have given me so many new tips again that I could not resist. Yes you may slap me. But reading keeps me sane. It makes me slip away i
n fantasy worlds for a few hours. I can salivate over Jean Claude and nobody notices. I prefer books over dvd. When I read I can see the pictures in front of me. I love movies but if I have to choose it is pretty easy. I buy books! So I complete relate with Erasmus.

“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

I love the guy! And by the way there are historians who think he was born in my hometown of Gouda. He was conceived here. His father was a priest [oops!] in Gouda.
Finished 'it sleeps in me.' today. Not sure what I think of it. The ending was a twist that I did not see coming and that was nice. But it was a stoneage novel and I do not like stoneage novels. I did not realise this when I bought the book or I would not have. I am the only person on the planet who doesn't like Jean Auel. It just doesn't do anything for me. This one was not bad for stone age, but still I am probably not going to buy the follow up books. Even though this one had an open ending.

Anyway I might or might not blog this weekend. My next blog will be about my action plan for the last stages of setting up the practice and abolishing "I have got to." [moeten in dutch] That is why I am keeping open when this blog entry will be written.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers