After a hectic friday


Another hectic day over. I skipped gym class because otherwise it would have been too much altogether. This afternoon we had guests. My mother's cousin who lives in Aberdeen, WA. She has lived on and of in the Netherlands and the US for most of her adult life. And after her second marriage they moved to the states for good. She is in her mid seventies and her husband is 84 and still travelling! For some reason the old family photo's came out. I have never done much with genealogy but as I get older have become more interrested in especially my mother's family. I still miss my grandmother who passed away in 1991 very much. I had never really looked at thes photo's before and seeing them of my grandma as a young woman and a child and seeing my greatgrandfather as a young man. Somehow I found it very emotional. It made me decide to want to put them in an album and find out as much as I can about who everybody in the photo's are. And I would like to buy a scanner and put them safely in the computer. If anybody has any advice on an easy to use cheap scanner, please! I still have my hand and money restricitions, but I would very much like to do this. I also found this after they had left. My grandma is in the computer!!!! Dina Willemina Kreeftenberg.

As for reading. Doing some light reading this weekend. Trying to finish some books. And more important making a wish list for the borders in Oxford. Next weekend is the England weekend and I plan to spend most of saturday in the Borders in Oxford. not the first time LOL.

Yesterday evening was the first intervision evening with the group. We have to do more then ten of those this year. And it went well. I was very nervous at first but it is a nice group. More open and safer then the first year group was. If you want to have more info about my studies click on the picture. They have started classes in English now. If I was not such a coward were it came to groups that would be something I would like to do. But me and groups that is something that might take a while before it is going to start to mix. I am very glad that I already feel at home in this new group. Last year it took me much longer.

This weekend just relaxing and preparing some last things for the short break. Going to see a play in London next saturday night. I will tell you all more about it later in the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers