Book selections for the weekend

Yesterday was a bad day. I had planned to go to a school meeting in the evening but had such a bad headache that I ended up canceling. I really hope they go away before the trip! And I can't wait until my meeting at the headache clinic the first of december to see how they can help me to help myself. Yeah, that is something I have learnt over the years. Don't be a victim, you have your life in your own hands and you are the only one who can change things. But it doesn't hurt to ask for help. :)

I finished vampire seduction by Raven Hart and you know what, I still don't know if I like it or not. It's different from the ones I have read lately and I was trying to figure out why. I think I finally have it. It had less of a female presence. There were women in the book, strong women even but they didn't seem to be that important. And although I like reading about men. :) I like strong women in books as well. So I have not really decided if I will continue with this series. There are things that compel me but still.... and there is so much to read and so little time!

Going on the long weekend to Southern England tomorrow and a difficult dicision for me is always which books to take. Even going away for 4 days I will stand in front of the bookcase for an hour
to think what I
might like to read. Finally decided on the books above. Nice and light reading for the break. Afterwards there is plenty of time for studybooks again. And I plan to look for some more at the bookstores in England. I never read just one book. Usually I read books 4 at a time, that means there is one more to select. :) Yes I have been at this since yesterday and still have not made the final decision. Very bad I know. And it isn't as if I will not hit the bookstores in Oxford on the second day of the visit. :)

Criteria for holiday books are: Not too heavy, not too many pages, authors I have read before so I know I am going to like it and not be dissapointed. [especially on longer trips or trips to countries were you don't understand the local language like last year to Sweden/Denmark] So the fourth book is going to be a reread. Rereading both Anita Blake and Merry Gentry at the moment. Going by my own rules the Merry Gentry is propably coming, it has the least pages! And I need to finish the series before the next part comes out in pocket at the end of the month. It is a series I like but don't buy in hardback. That honor is only reserved for a very select few. But it can very well be that I change my mind at the last moment and decide on a totally different book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers