Books!!!

I am doing a bit better so today I want to return to the blog. Also because I think one of the reasons of the stress is clearing up. There was some disagreement with a friend that I hold very dear. And I think we are getting closer again. That makes me very happy. Later this afternoon I will send her another email. And then go into town to talk about my glasses situation once more and determine how much money I want to spend on them now. I also have two crowns coming up this year and none of these costs were planned. Gulp!

But as promised books! I finished a book of lists. Movies made about the american civil war. It wasn't much more then a list with lots of photo's. But it did give me ideas for of the older movies I would still like to see. Not sure if they are available on DVD. I also finished the second J.D. Robb novel, Glory in Death. They are futuristic detective novels and I am really starting to like them. The third book I finished was a dutch book with tips for peole starting their own business from a position like mine, dissability. It was ten years old and a bit out of date, things move quickly, but still some good tips.

The new boo
ks. The english heritage handbook 2008/9. I got that free when I joined english heritage. It lists all their properties with pictures and descriptions and I can make a list of things I would like to see next year. Now it will feel as if I can go in for free. :) The only drawback for a history holiday in Britain these days. Many attractions are very expensive. Even churches set you back around 5 pounds. And castles can be 15 pounds or higher. Amongst the most expensive are Windsor, Blenheim and the tower. And I once did that combo in one holiday, ouch!

Second book is number 11 in Terry Goodkind's series about Richard Rahl. I think it started
out as a trilogy and I think this is finally supposed to be the last. I don't like them as much as I did in the beginning. I think the first three are the best. It showed that that was a set story but then they were so succesfull that he wrote more. With one exception I still like them but they are not great as the first three. Curious to see if it will end though and how it will end. Richard Rahl is a very intrigueing protagonist and many of the side characters are very interresting as well. Good for a few hours nice light reading.

The third new book is development/study. Eckhart Tolle's the power of now. It was recommended to me by my own coach/counselor. I am somebody who has trouble living in the now. I am not so much bothered by the past anymore, I think that over the years I have worked through it and come to terms with
what happened. Now I can live with what it has brought me and helped me to become, good or bad. But I have more problems not worrying about the future. Making a go with the practice, not knowing were the money is going to come from, will my physhical complaints allow me to work everyday, will I not starve to death lonely etc etc. So I am looking forward to see what this book can bring me and if it can help me live more in the now. And if it helps me maybe I can use the principles in the practice to try and help others do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers