Gulp :(

Back from my long weekend away, it was great fun! But more about that later in the week. I want to start with what went on today.

I am now in for a little less fun. Went to the headache clinic this afternoon and honestly told them how much painkillers I use throughout the week. Before the RSI I kept it under control, but RSI causes more headaches as well through sore muscles and it slowly crept to be out of control. And with me on the brink of starting my own practice, it just won't do.

I have to stop taking all painkillers at once. The first 2 or 3 weeks can be brutal, worse headaches then usual and I am not allowed to take anything. Then there will be 2,5 weeks of a transition period in which the headaches should get less again. After that they can diagnose what causes the headaches and begin an effective treatment.

Needless to say I am not looking forward to the next couple of weeks.

If I don't blog for a while you will know why. I debated waiting to start this untill after december because it is a busy social month for me. But I do want to start my practice as soon as possible in the new year and then I at least have to be over the first critical period. So no backing down now I am going to go and do it.


Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers