Strange day


What a strange day this is so far. I wanted to relax today but so far I am not really succeeding. Spend the morning dealing with email and other chores and not really feeling relaxed and now am glued to the tv. A turkish plane crashed at Shiphol this morning. So far they are reporting no fatalities or very little. It is amazing what a good pilot can do. Looking at the plane it is a miracle. But still, it is a shock. Something happened around Schiphol alwasy brings back memories of the horrific crash all those years ago when an El AL plane hit a high rise building in Amsterdam. This one just missed the runway and dropped in a field.

Monday was Jaco and Sandy's wedding. I was a witness and more or less best man. So I had to be at their place at seven in the morning. I accompanied Jaco to the florists getting the bridal bouqet and flowers for Sandy to wear in her hair. They had rented a beautifull old Bentley with a driver, and it was great to ride in that car. Gouda cityhall is also a great location to get married, the marriag
e room in the cityhal was completely restored years ago, and not otherwise open to the public. It has a medieval view to it. The ceremony itself was short but nice. I had to sign as a witness. Afterwards there was a brunch at a local restaurant. It was very good as well! The cake was heavenly!

Yesterday I had my job interview. It went well, for me it was over ten years ago that I had done anything like that. I was very honest about my disability, but kept it positive! I want to work again and I know what it is like to start work again with a disability. I think she valued that but was also a little concerned about how much I can do. But since it is only for a few hours and unpaid anyway.... She has another interview next week and after that I will hear more. Fingers crossed.

I do have a good feeling today but very tired. So pampering myself today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers