I know I have been away too long


I have been bad about the blog lately. Yeah I know. So much going on, setting up my own business takes time, keeping up with friends take time. And I try to invest in my work blog but right now I feel the need to write and strongly.

In 2 weeks time I am going to Lithuania for a week, on my own. [will be staying with friends there] and I am restless, nervous about it and I can't figure out why, so am going to try to do that here, to write my troubles away.

What am I afraid of?
  • getting ill. This is not far fetched. I am prone to headaches, especially when I am nervous. And the last time I was in Lithuania [with a collegue and only 3 days] food was a problem.Yeah I have a delicate stomac as well, such a healthy body. and lately my right knee has been playing up cramping when I have to sit still in the backseat of cars for too long.
  • getting bored. How many books to take, no laptop [space and weight]
  • Highly sensitive playing up. It does when I am not feeling well and in a strange place.
  • Language, I speak no lithuanian, and my friends do not speak english fluently.
But really I am inventive. I have managed with language before, they have a computer and there is always google translate.
HSP, by now I do stick up for my own good. I take alone time when I need it. Am I only afraid I can't get it across to them? Or do I feel guilty taking it when there are 2 kids involved? Probably. But I just need to get it across and do what is good for me. Yeah that is still tough.
Getting bored? Really, I will probably take too many book, I tiny movie player, some travel games. They have a sjoelbak and a pool. Bored, yeah right. Maybe not.

I think that leaves the food as the biggest problem. It is so embarressing to tell a hostess her food makes you ill. I will make sure I will have all kinds of medication with me. Not sure how common it is to get there now. In 1997 the gap between east and west was still pretty big. But again I have to do what is good for me and try to keep the unease down.

Let's not even mention the flying, I hate flying!!!! LOL

But there is so much to see, and my camera is going to love it there. My friends are great people who I love spending time with.

Why I am such a silly goose when it comes to holidays? I have it before every holiday, but some like a scary one like this, some more then others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sixth holiday blog

Flow!

Dutch drivers